History of Captain Cook’s Roosendaal
History of Captain Cook’s Roosendaal. In 1909, this beautiful property market 17 was built as a residence by wholesaler H. Laane, behind this house was his coffee roasting and cigar factory. In 1939 it was first advanced as a staff building for Dutch soldiers, then by the German. From 1946 it served as an office for the Inspectorate excise duty. Since 1990, the facade is listed as a monument. In 2000 the chilly offices to make room for those cozy catering facility, which opened in 2001 to the public.